Saturday, November 3, 2012

Where's Ryan Woodward when I need him?

This week, I did gestures in conté for the first time in almost a year. Where's Ryan Woodward when I need him?


2 min. poses

30 sec. poses

90 sec. poses

90 sec. poses

5 minute pose

The left pose was 3 minutes, and the one on the right was five minutes


For those of you who don't know, Ryan was my professor, and mentor when I was an undergrad at BYU. Everything I know today about story boarding and drawing, I owe to him. In spite of the annoying little kid I was, he took me by the hand and showed me what it meant to be an animation artist. I owe so much to him, and I aspire one day to be not the only the artist but the man he is. Ryan, thank you so much for all you've taught me, I will apply it all to the best of my ability wherever I go, and I apologize for the the four years of misery I've caused you.

1 comment:

  1. These are very beautiful sketches!!
    That's awesome that Ryan Woodward was your teacher too, and you took the great direction & lessons so well.

    ReplyDelete